THird Culture Kids 3rd edition
GRowing up among worlds
By: Ruth E. Van Reken, Michael V. Pollock, David C. Pollock
The absolute authority on Third Culture Kids for nearly two decades!
In this 3rd edition of the ground-breaking, global classic, Ruth E. Van Reken and Michael V. Pollock, son of the late original co-author, David C. Pollock have significantly updated what is widely recognized as The TCK Bible. Emphasis is on the modern TCK and addressing the impact of technology, cultural complexity, diversity & inclusion and transitions. Includes new advice for parents and others for how to support TCKs as they navigate work, relationships, social settings and their own personal development. Specific updates:
· A second PolVan Cultural Identity diagram to support understanding of cultural identity
· New models for identity formation
· Updated explanation of unresolved grief
· New material on 'highly mobile communities' addressing the needs of people who stay put while a community around them moves rapidly
· Revamped Section III so readers can more easily find what is relevant to them as Adult TCKs, parents, counselors, employers, spouses, administrators, etc.
· New "stages and needs" tool that will help families and organizations identify and meet needs
· Greater emphasis on tools for educators as they grapple with demographic shifts in the classroom